WES Engineering Construction Management Services
WES Engineering staff have assisted wind projects* during the construction phase with a variety of tasks to assure the project can be completed within planned budget and schedule, and to assure quality built project. The common tasks performed include:
- Preliminary Site Plan and Setbacks mapping of site and setbacks to determine permissible wind turbine locations for local zoning, with optimal energy output.
- Bid Speciﬁcations for construction of foundations and erection of turbine.
- Preliminary Engineering work with Owner to ﬁnd least cost and acceptable foundation design to accommodate soil challenges such as high water table or lower stiffness soils.
- Project Engineer to provide oversight during construction and during ﬁnal commissioning, assuring third party quality checks are made and documented. Foundation quality control includes foundation rebar placement, concrete strength, and pre-tensioning anchor bolts.
- Turbine Walkdown prior to contractor leaving jobsite, to assure all commissioning items were completed and commissioning documents completed and submitted.
- Operations Training for the Owner to connect to the turbine supervisory and control data acquisition system, SCADA, for purposes of monitoring and control of the turbine.
Cashton Greens Wind Farm [pdf]